In the words of it's creator, Tina Jett:
"Spoon is a bi-monthly, digital zine project based on the little things that make life awesome: inspirations, experiences, and simplicity... a virtual pot pie of art, photography, food, travel, events, and life in general. The project will last for one year, beginning with Issue No. 1 (Dec/Jan 2011) and ending with Issue No. 6 (Oct/Nov 2011).
It is based upon the notion that...
- the things that make us truly happy cost little or nothing
- inspiration is everywhere
- we should never take ourselves too seriously
- there is beauty in the old
- celebrating holidays, changing seasons, and life events remind us how we are all connected
- we should never stop learning
- we tend to get bogged down with too much excess, be it mass-produced and material goods, waste, drama, or action - simplify!"
Those are definitely sentiments I agree with and try to bring to every item I make. While I obviously hope that my first foray into advertising will turn out to be beneficial for me, I am just content to know that I have supported a creative endeavor like this and I am really excited to have been a part of it. So what are you waiting for? Go read the past issues of Spoon and get ready to read the newest one in a few short weeks!