Monday, May 16, 2011

Art Star Recap

It has been quite rainy here in Philadelphia the past couple days, and it promises to keep being rainy for a few more. Luckily, the pups and I have enough work to keep us busy indoors.

The Art Star Craft Bazaar this past weekend was wonderful as always despite the rain. A rainy Saturday proved who the diehard craft fair shoppers were. All of them walking around with their ponchos, rain boots and umbrellas. Nothing could stand in their way when it came to bringing handmade goodness home!

Here are a few photos of my booth setup as it looked on Saturday before I had to put my walls up. I forgot to take photos again on Sunday. I like to set my booth up a little bit different each time I do a craft fair. Since I am still relatively new to doing craft fairs I am still trying to figure out what looks best and what sort of displays people seem to respond to more. I think I have finally started getting most things right. I am still figuring out how to display my aprons and scarves though. They can be a bit tough.

Now that Art Star is over I have to play catch up and make sure I steadily put all of the inventory on my etsy shop. So while I might not be sewing and working like I'm competing in a crafty marathon anymore, I still have my work cut out for me when it comes to making sure my items get to go to new homes.

My mom and dad had a good time wandering around the Bazaar and picked up this lovely packet of fat quarter fabric pieces for me from Sara Lee Parker. Her print designs are beautiful and of course I had a textile geek moment where I just stared at the fabrics in awe of her impeccable printing and beautiful line quality.

I especially like the print with pups on it. It is unlike anything I have ever seen before. I am very excited to use these fabrics to make something special. I am not sure exactly what that is yet, but when I figure it out I know I will share it with you all here!

This weekend when it wasn't raining it was busy, and when it wasn't busy, it was raining, so I did not really get to walk around and check out the other vendors until about 5:30 on Sunday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to check everything out right? So I ended up not being able to do the shopping I was hoping to do, but I got to chat with some other lovely vendors and I encourage you to go check out their shops!

I talked vintage fabric with Gretchen Miller of Dahling Accessories. Her purses are beautiful and I swooned over this lovely blue clutch made from a vintage blue ditsy floral fabric. Too cute!


I got to chatting with Caitlin Phillips of Rebound Designs. She makes these amazing purses from old books with beautiful covers. Since she always keeps the inner pages, she is constantly looking for people to use them and graciously offered to send me some to use in my cut paper pieces.


Rebecca Harkin of Chirp and Bloom took some lovely photos of the banners in my booth set up and featured them on her blog Threads and Snippets! I love her use of vintage fabrics and I was drooling over photos in her blog from a trip she took antiquing. I am sure you will see why when you go check it out!

So while it may have been rainy, it was still a good time all around. I got a few offers from local shops who want to carry my items and I was happy to see some of my favourite items find new homes. The rest of my inventory will be posted on my etsy shop as the week continues, so keep an eye out for some of the new lines of products I have been busily working on and be sure to let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, I am so glad it was successful despite the weather! Yay you:)
Your booth looked great! And congrats on the store offers- that's so exciting!
Maybe I'll be brave enough to give it whirl next year.

Jess said...

Ahhh I'm so bummed I missed this! Your booth looks adorbs!!